Monday, October 30, 2006

 
C'est Peut-ĂȘtre...Le Votre...

I have finally completed the DVD/thank you notes to sent out to the guests of our wedding (if you are getting one, expect it soon) and it occured to me that I totally failed to blog about the honeymoon....which was really fun. We spent the week in Vermont where we were able to have a civil union performed right in the front room of the bed and breakfast. Now we are legally spouses in something like three states. It's a start.


We did a lot of cool things while on vacation, we went to a maple syrup makin' place, we tasted New England wines, we watched glass being blown, and we ate Ben and Jerry's almost everyday (they encourage that at the factory).


Vermont reminded me a lot of when we go to Gatlinburg, only better and with more old people. We were kidding, only not really, that we were the youngest old married couple in Vermont. We just happened to be there for the peak weekend of fail foilage which is something to see if you ever get the chance. Since Canada was only a stones throw away, we also decided to drive into Quebec and look for british candies that you can't get here in the lower 48. French speaking Canada was definately a challenge I didn't see coming. There were large traffic warnings that we couldn't read, I could never figure out how many kilometers I should be going, and when we stopped in Granby for beer and a Walmart, NO ONE could tell us where we were or how to get home. It was exciting. I saw this one road sign about four times, and I don't speak French so I don't know what it means, but I am pretty sure it is telling you to look out for dead baby hookers in the road.....


We were careful not to hit any..... We also decided that eating in a non-English speaking country might be fun since we wouldn't be able to read the menu or talk to the waiter, so we gave that a whirl. Let me go ahead and tell you that this is a damn fine plan if you want to end up eatting duck. Luckily it would seem that BEER translates into every language.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?