Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 
Getting through it all........

We worked all weekend at Laura's mothers house.  We have been working over there almost every single weekend since        she died last Sept, but just recently the house was sold so we have had to kick it in overdrive these past couple of weekends.        That has meant MOVING ITEMS QUICK....and as you can see, we developed a plan for how to do that.  There were a few creative moments on this project actually....what we didn't throw out the window into the dumpster in the backyard, prisoners hauled out front door. Did you know that you can donate your garbage to the "girls ranch" and have a load of prisoners come to your house and haul it off? I actually did not know that, but it works like a charm. So we separated out the utter crap from the stuff that someone might actually be able to sell or use and we formed two lines, one to the dumpster, the other to the trailor. It took the prisoners about four trips, but I think they pretty much got everything.

   
By the end of the weekend, the dumpster was just about overflowing, but the house was looking pretty empty. So we are thinking that next weekend will be the last one that we will spend at the house. That's pretty wierd for me just because that has been Laura's home for the whole ten years I have known her, we started staying there near constantly when her mother got sick 4 years ago, and we've worked to get it cleared out for 7 months solid now. We've just fought like crazy these past couple of weeks because of the stress of everything, but really I do sorta wonder how things will be once we're done....and it's really done.... it's 10 years of my life, but it's 30 years of Laura's...it's home....it's her mother....I am a little scared of what THAT stress is going to do to us. I talked to her about it....she is so sweet....she said that when we get through this, we will have to buckle down on getting the house built. So then I was like, yeah and when we get through that we will have to focus on the wedding, and when we get through that we will have to get through  having babies, and then I am sure we will have to through a few years of having no money.... we just went back and forth will all the things we will have to get through for rest of our lives and even though it's depressing to thing of life as just one thing after the next that you have to "get through", that really is sorta how life is, and I am just so grateful that I have such a wonderful person to get through it all with.

Comments:
I do think we look alike from the nose down. I think she looks like my Mom alot when she was younger. Congrats on the engagement!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?