Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

What you should know about my week is that I am on call. And this hasn't been one of those paged with a user hung up in the database sorta oncall weeks, it has been a terse and send dumps to IBM sorta, everyone on site monitoring systems sorta, why the hell am I in a class this week, sorta 65 hour deal. So I have been more than a little tense about this weekend's IRONBOWL match. I've known all week that I had to really bring my "A" game. I have worn ORANGE or BLUE or ORANGE and BLUE all week long. I even brought out the ALUMNI pin on a couple of the days when I thought my color combo was weak. I have the all clear from my management to be at the game today, although my pager could very well go off.....


As if that isn't enough to deal with, Laura found a marble like lump in her breast and we have been examing and mammograming that bad boy all week (looks like a fybroid, probably nothing, we're getting it cut out, end of story), plus I have been reviewing contracts for the 142K lakefront camp site we are about to purchase and build on. So I have been about 6 seconds away from my next panic attack all week...not a typical week for Shy. IRONBOWL weekend was here and I was looking for a sign.....


This morning when I woke up, I found that sign. It's the hair. I can't explain it for those that don't already know cause there just isn't time, but I have a SWOOP to my hair and today, it is a magical swoop. I knew it the minute I saw it in the mirror this morning. I worked real hard not to get it wet in the shower and it suffered a little damage, but it is still magical and I believe it will bring AUBURN victory if I can just get through the day without losing it. I wouldn't let Laura touch it with her hands, but she did spray it down with hairspray to help with the prevervation.


WAR EAGLE!!!!!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?