Tuesday, November 01, 2005

 
Miami is just about one of my favorite towns in the country. I am pretty sure I could live here if I never had to leave south beach and I never had to park. I went out with a couple of guys that I work with last night and we ended up eating down in the Lincoln Road area. So this is a pretty cool area here on the beach. It is a little like New Orleans if you remove some of the alcohol and alot of the fear of homocide. It's not as many people as you would have in New Orleans, but it is nice and you see more families. Lincoln is closed for traffic for the most part and the eating joints sorta spill out into the road with their tables. The weather is always great it seems so this is a perfect spot to just camp out and people watch. If you are a good people watcher (and I am not) you will probably see a celeb or two. They seem to just mingle in with the rest of everyone down here. On my last visit I saw Lenny Kravitz, Ice-T, and Mr. Big. There are so many different people to watch on South beach....I am amazed at the variety of people and cultures. Coming from being a big ole white girl in Alabama, it feels sorta good to be a little fish in a huge sea of exotic other little fish. I don't know that you can have an experience like that in to many places in this country....to feel so minor as a white person, or an english speaking person, or an american. It is liberating in a way I wouldn't expect everyone to understand.




(Lincoln road as seen through the Mind of Shy about 7 Molson Canadian deep)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?