Wednesday, October 19, 2005

 

Okay....so I have done it now...I have finally, actually gotten the cash money to buy the ring to ask Laura to marry me.... Now I know that most of my good friends know that we have been planning to have a wedding next year for some time now...and don't get me wrong, I want our wedding to be everything that Laura has ever dreamed about since she was a little girl. I am just so pround that Laura has chosen to have me as her partner and I really hope that my actions convey the utter adoration I feel for her in my heart. We have chosen the Jule Collins Smith Museum in Auburn, Alabama as the site of our wedding and I have no doubt that with Laura at the helm it is going to be about the most beautiful thing imaginable.



That being said.....money is something I have a hard thing parting with...so the fact that I am now wholeheartedly commited in mind, spirit, and wallet to actually purchasing this ring she has chosen, well....it's a wierd place for me to be in. So I have been thinking about the ring thing and I have decided that my theory is that she is taking a huge risk by marrying me....I mean I don't care if we end up poor or rich...not that sorta risk. The risk is just in the giving of herself to me in marriage...and I to her......the risk is the promise that I will always cherish her like I do now, and that I will always put her first, and that I will gladly make any sacrifice for her happiness. I am thinking of this ring as a symbol of that willingness....it would tickle me shitless to just go out and buy a couple of 72 inch high definition flat screen TV's, but I am not doing that.....so who wants to help me with my vows?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?