Sunday, December 14, 2003

 
It's been a good weekend. We had borrowed the Chevy Suburban last week in order to take a bunch of people up to Callaway Gardens to see the Fantasy In Lights. Laura and I go see the lights together every year and every year we try to find 4 or 5 other people that we can take to see them with us. Pine Mountain is such a beautiful place. Since I have lived in LA (lower Alabama) all these years it has been some adjustment for me to get used to the plains. I have loved the place and the people of the Deep South, but at times I do long for the hills of my home. When I am feeling that way, a short trip the Warm Springs, Pine Mountain area is just what I am due for. As one travels the 20 minutes north from my house up through Hamilton and through FDR State Park, the landscape becomes beautifully uneven and reminds me of my home. When Laura and I were choosing a place to build our house, we were torn between the necessity to live close to Columbus for work and practicality and our desire to live out in the serene beauty of Pine Mountain. I suppose that is how we ended up almost halfway between the two experiences.

Anyway, enough of that.....I can't imagine that you have had time to stop laughing from the Celebrity Prank Phone Calls site I sent you too, but just in case you have and you are bored with life again, why not read the FBI - Freedom of Information Act list of Famous Persons.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?