Saturday, December 06, 2003

 
I did a little Christmas shopping yesterday after work and I got to thinking about my own Xmas wish list. It's always a challenge to think of something more than a pez dispenser, but less than a plasma TV that you wouldn't mind to have off the top of your head. So I just jotted down some things as I saw them that roughly appealed to me. First I saw a Malibu 10 light solar light kit for 43.50 at my Lowes that I thought was pretty cool. We don't readily have a way to get power to the front walkway without crossing the concert with a wire so the solar set would spare us the electrician while illuminating the house. As long as we are going that route, I also wouldn't mind to have two or three of the Solar Floodlights for $39.97 a piece. Laura believes that a 1 watt fluorescent bulb will do a pitiful job of making a bright light and she is usually not wrong about things so it may be best to begin with just one. And while we are at Lowes, Michael has this Heavy Duty Extension Cord Reel $4.92 that I have used a few times and find to be much easier than my method of just creating a knotted mess of cord in the garage. In the event that my blog draws some anonymous benefactor, let me direct you to the iPAQ - Pocket PC with TFT Color Display - h5555 for only 659.99. I watched 1/4 of the Matrix on one of these in the Best Buy store last night...the thing is incredible!! I also saw some DVD's I like at best buy. There was an REM DVD in the music section that chronicles the band from 1988-2003. I also saw the movie Bend It Like Beckham which I have seen, but being the only girl soccer movie I know of, wouldn't be bad to own. I also wouldn't mind South Park the Complete Second Season. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I feel like I am missing some of the office jokes because I don't have enough popular knowledge of this show. I have been needing a putter for golf also. I have been seeing one in the golf shops for 50 to 70 dollars that sorta looks like this SCOTTY CAMERON FUTURA 35" PUTTER . It is not a Scotty, and my game doesn't warrant ever owning a Scotty I am sure, but design wise it sorta looks like this and does have the WINN grip, which I like. I saw one at that golf outlet in Boaz that Mike and I went to and I have seen them down here as well. The challenge would be to find a left handed one. Most people will have to order those I believe. That's about all I can think of today. I am into the Creative Labs - NOMAD MuVo NX when it comes to MP3 players and you can get them in varying memory sizes for more or less cash. I also love the Handspring Treo 600, or should I saw Palm now? Season tickets to see my tigers... new leather chair...heck, new bedroom....the ferrari of cameras.... Whew...drifted right off didn't off didn't I. See, the longer you go, the closer you inch to Plasma land... It is hard. Perhaps this blogger will get some more ideas and share them in the days to come.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?