Tuesday, December 09, 2003

 
I can add to my list a cordless can opener by black and decker that I found for 23.99 at Walmart. I also thought, while I was out blowing the leaves on my 1.66 acres of land yesterday, that it would be nice to have a Poulan Pro 25cc High Performance Gas Blower/Vac($128.00)instead of my electric one. Now when it comes to gas powered toys, I still haven't gotten a Troy-Bilt 2,350 PSI Gas Powered Pressure Washer either.

In other news, Southern Natural Gas has been in my back yard today with a bulldozer and pushed down trees on about the back 40 feet of my property. My blog readers know that this was not an unexpected event for me, and yet I couldn't help but be shocked to tears as I gazed from my back porch out into the large dirt track where once stood my beautiful maples and oaks. There was a shadow across my lawn from the sun setting and casting its blaze through a grungy metal fence I erected to insulate my family from this atrocity. The sun never directly touched that fence before and this shadow was a new and unwelcome feature in my back yard. I made my way to the back of my property and dizzily I struggled to count the rings on the largest of the oaks that once stood majestic in the lawn. I wouldn't call myself a tree hugger, but come on Southern Natural.....can you really put a price tag on the damage you have created?

Brother Michael and I got out into the back yesterday and cut some of the smaller trees that we knew would be destroyed and hauled away for mulch and stacked a great deal of the lumber in the back of my yard. That means come next year I should have a boatload of firewood. And that means that this year I should probably make a few practice fires. Something has always swayed me towards the belief that fire and house are a bad mix so I have never used my fireplace before. On my honor though, I am going to make every attempt to set aside my fear and dedicate myself to the romantic and functional possibilities of a fireplace in the home. In this endeavor I find that I will need to acquire a fireplace screen ($34.88) (we do silver and pewter in our house for metal) and some of those poking tools ($34.88). This creates, yet another lovely christmas idea.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?