Wednesday, November 26, 2003

 
Late yesterday I arrived at my parents house here in the 'Fire Hydrant Capitol of the World' . Being the boring little town that it is, I immediately made the trip to the local Movie Gallery to procure my entertainment. Oddly, here the movies are over three dollars a piece. I recently rented movies in Lanett Alabama and found that they were 1.99 a piece and there were not due back for a full seven days. It would seem that each store sets it's own prices. I made a comment to the clerk about not having enough mom and pop places in town to discourage the monopoly and he just shrugged and took my money in a manner that suggested that he also had smelled the stench of this little town a time or two.

So I slept in late this morning and ate breakfast at around noon. The history channel was doing a piece about a relative of mine (and interestingly enough a relative of a lot of people) so I got sucked into watching that. The Jesse James story lead into a piece on the first Thanksgiving and next thing I knew it was 3 in the afternoon. So I headed down to the local golf outlet and hit some balls at the driving range. Tomorrow is going to consist of taking my mother to have blood work done and then a quick trip over to Arab to talk with a man (or woman) about some internet banking options.

I posted my website address the other day only to notice that hitting that link from inside my website causes some frame problems. This link should correct that.....we will see....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?