Wednesday, November 19, 2003

 
It would seem that Southern Natural Gas Co., a subsidiary of El Paso Corp. (NYSE: EPG) has approval from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to construct and operate a pipeline system in Southeast Georgia and Florida that just happens to run through my back yard. Richard, the Right of Way Agent, came to visit my house today to tell me that they are starting construction in the next couple of weeks. I told him that I have a big problem with this project because they paid my builder roughly $2500 dollars for lease and damage instead of me....the one whose property will be leased and damaged.

This is a $240 million dollar Cypress Pipeline system and is a 166-mile pipeline capable of transporting 310 million cubic feet of natural gas per day from El Paso's liquefied natural gas. Houston-based El Paso Corp., is the largest and most broadly based natural gas company in the world. So how concerned do you imagine they are that my builder screwed me for the $2500? I don't think too much..... So how much are they willing to give me to be sure that I stop crying about it....more on the hush money later.

In other news today looks like Michael Jackson is finally going to have to stop touching little boys. Maybe his lawyers can plea the Peter Pan defense and get him sentenced to juvenile prison

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?